Are you craving the delicious and crispy texture of authentic tasquitos from your favorite Mexican restaurant? Look no further than our ultimate guide to making these mouth-watering treats right in your own kitchen! From choosing the perfect tortilla to filling them with savory meats and spices, we’ve got all the tips and tricks you need for a truly unbeatable tasquito experience. So grab some friends, crank up the salsa music, and get ready to impress everyone at your next fiesta with homemade tasquitos that are sure to be a crowd-pleaser!
What You Will Need
-1 pound of your protein of choice. We recommend either ground beef or chicken, but you can use whatever you like!
-1 can of refried beans
-1 package of soft tortillas
-1 cup of shredded cheese
-1/2 cup of salsa
-1 tablespoon of chili powder
-1 teaspoon of cumin
-1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
To make your tasquitos, you will first need to gather all of the ingredients listed above. Once you have everything, preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
Start by cooking your protein in a skillet over medium heat. If you’re using ground beef, be sure to drain the fat after it’s cooked through. Once the meat is cooked, add in the refried beans, cheese, salsa, chili powder, cumin and garlic powder. Stir until everything is evenly mixed and heated through.
Next, take a tortilla and spoon some of the mixture into the center. Roll it up tightly and place it seam side down on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and filling. You should end up with around 12 tasquitos total.
The Tasquito Recipe
-1 pound ground beef
-1 small onion, diced
-1 can refried beans
-1 package tasajo (or carne asada) seasoning mix
-1/2 cup water
-10-12 inch flour tortillas
-2 cups shredded cheese
-Salsa and sour cream, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef and onion until the beef is browned. Drain any excess fat.
3. Stir in the refried beans and tasajo seasoning mix, then add the water and bring to a simmer.
4. Meanwhile, warm the tortillas in the oven for about 5 minutes to make them pliable.
5. To assemble, place a heaping spoonful of the beef mixture in the center of each tortilla, then top with cheese and roll up tightly.
6 Serve with salsa and sour cream on the side. Enjoy!
How to Make the Tasquitos
To make delicious tasquitos at home, you’ll need:
-1 pound ground beef or turkey
-1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
-1/2 cup prepared salsa
-1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
-1/4 cup chopped green onions
-8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
-Sour cream (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°. Cook beef or turkey over medium heat in a large skillet until browned; drain. Add black beans, salsa, cheese, and green onion; mix well. Spoon about 2 tablespoons meat mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up tortillas, and place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Lightly coat tops of tortillas with additional cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until crisp. Serve with sour cream, if desired.
Tips and Tricks
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Spread a layer of refried beans on the bottom of the dish, followed by a layer of shredded cheese.
3. Arrange the taquitos in the dish, seam side down, and sprinkle with more cheese on top.
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve with ranch dressing or salsa for dipping!
Tasquitos can be an incredibly tasty snack and make for a great appetizer or party food! With this guide, you now have all the tools and knowledge to make delicious tasquitos at home. From the tortilla-making process to filling tips and even vegan alternatives, there are plenty of ideas here so that you can create your own version of this classic dish. We encourage you to experiment with different ingredients and flavor combinations until you find something that suits your taste buds perfectly. Bon appetite!